Rebula Up 2018
A glowing golden-yellow wine, with dense texture.
Intense and very fine aromas of ripe apple, pineapple, papaya, and passion fruit. Buttery notes and sweet bread, then thyme, mint, sage, cloves, cinnamon, and coconut. Finishing off with a slight smoky note, resin, and a note of whitened marl.
Pronounced softness on the palate and the alcohol is well-combined in the structure with its freshness and mineral tang balancing the taste. An intense and elegant wine of a well-structured body and lasting finish.
Fresh fish dishes, beef carpaccio. Shellfish pasta and risotto, greasy and spicy fish dishes, rabbit and chicken dishes, young cheeses, and cured meats.
● Grape type: 100% Rebula (Ribolla Gialla)
● Wine Style: Dry white wine
● Region: Brda, Slovenia
● Vineyards: Grotisce
● Vineyards’ age: up to 50 years
● Vineyards’ altitude and exposure: 120 -180 m above sea level, South East
● Soil type: Flysch (sedimentary rock consisting of interchanging layers of sandstone, marlstone, limestone, mudstone)
● Harvest: hand-harvested on 22 September 2018
● Vinification: The process of fermentation lasted 10 days in 500 litres oak barrels where no selected yeast strains were used, and Rebula grape must was in contact with the skins of a third of all picked Rebula berries. After maceration, the wine was softly pressed and poured into new 500 litres French and Slavonian oak barrels.
● Maturation: 24 months in new 500 litres French and Slavonian oak barrels
● Maturation in bottle: At least 6 months
● Alcohol: 13.0 % vol
● Total acidity: 5.1 g/l pH: 3.59 Residual sugar: 1.9 g/l
● Bottling: 1500 bottles of 750 ml and 100 bottles of 1500 ml in November 2019
● Serving temperature: 12°C–14 °C
● Ageing: Suitable for drinking, with great ageing potential, over 10 years.