Golden yellow color, dense texture.
Intense aromas are expressing over-ripe fruits, cooked apples, plum jam, gooseberries, yellow sultanas, figs in alcohol, and orange peel. Yellow flowers open up, with brooms and roses, wild mint, thyme, sweet bread, and butter.
Its balanced, taste reflects and indulging elegance of softness and subtle minerality, with a warmth that elegantly accompanies the persistence of flavor and accentuates its structured body.
● Grape type: 50 % Rebula (Ribolla Gialla) and 50 % Chardonnay
● Wine Style: Dry white wine
● Region: Brda, Slovenia
● Vineyards: Grotisce
● Vineyards’ age: up to 54 years
● Vineyards’ altitude and exposure: 100 -180 m above sea level, South
● Soil type: Flysch (sedimentary rock consisting of interchanging layers of sandstone, marlstone, limestone, mudstone)
● Harvest: hand-harvested
● Vinification and Maturation: Rebula grapes were first carefully destemmed by hand and then put into oak barrels together with Chardonnay grape must, which formed with the soft pressing of the Chardonnay berries under their own weight in the press. The process of maceration lasted 11 months in 300 litres oak barrels where no selected yeast strains were used and no sulphur was added. After the maceration, the wine is bottled by hand, unpressed and unfiltered.
● Maturation in bottle: At least 6 months
● Alcohol: 13.0 % vol
● Total acidity: 5.2 g/l pH: 3.5 Residual sugar: 2.5 g/l
● Bottling: Hand bottled, unfiltered, 1500 bottles of 750 ml and 100 bottles of 1500 ml
● Serving temperature: 13° C–15 °C
● Ageing: Suitable for drinking, with great ageing potential, over 10 years.